Eurofighter EFA – Revell 1/32

In an attempt to finish a kit in LSP’s multi-engine groupbuild, I decided to start a new kit, or rather an old one. The Eurofighter EFA kit, which is older than the Eurofighter Typhoon kit.

Boxart
Boxart
The contents of the box
The contents of the box.

All the pieces to the cockpit was cut loose and cleaned up. I also assembled the parts to the backrest of the seat.

The cockpit parts.
The cockpit parts.

It looks like I have to paint seat and backrest separately, as it’s hard to fit it correctly onto the seat.
The details aint very good, but I decided not to care in order to get finished before the end of december.

SU-34 – Weathering cockpit and starting with exhaust cans.

The cockpit and the front wheel bay got an oil wash.

Oil wash applied
Oil wash applied.

The instrument panel got the decal on. A bit fiddly as there wasn’t much space to hold the IP when working with the decal. A bit hard to move around as the decal stuck all the time, but after some work I got it in place.

The decal looks pretty nice!
The decal looks pretty nice!

Using q-tips I removed some of the excess wash, and then I did some weathering with Tamiya weathering sets.

Excess wash removed.
Excess wash removed.
Weathering done.
I did some dirtying down with weathering sets.

When the weathering was done, I could put the IP in place.

Instrument panel in place.
Instrument panel in place.

The main wheel bays was mounted into the lower body.

Wheel bays mounted.
Wheel bays mounted.

I started out with the exhaust cans, who sits on two separate sprues. Some cleaning up to do. Quite easy to put together and have pretty nice detail.

The parts to one side.
The parts to one side.
One side test fitted.
One side test fitted.

I must say the instructions are a little sparse when it comes to painting instructions.

Exhaust assembly instructions
Exhaust assembly instructions.

Now I need to figure which colours to use for the exhaust pipes.

New tool and sealings for my H&S airbrush.

I got a little package today with these things in it.

Screwdriver and complete sealing kit.

The much needed sealings for my airbrush, and a special screwdriver to make it easier to get the sealings in place.

Gonna see if I can get the sealings replaced later today, or perhaps in the weekend. I’ll be very happy when the airbrush works as it should again! 🙂

SU-34 – cockpit and wheel bays painted part 1.

I started by painting some pre-shade lines on the cockpit and wheel bay parts.

pre-shade done.
Pre-shade done.

Next the cockpit got at layer of Hu65 which I’ve been told is a good match to the sukhoi cockpit colour.

Cockpit base colour.
Cockpit base colour.

Once the base color was on I started doing some detail painting. I also painted the seats black and started adding details there too. The main wheel bays got some cables added.

Details painted.
Details painted.

Next the instrument panel will get intrument decals. I didn’t bother with the decals for the side panels, and will only do som dry brushing to pick out details.

Next I’ll paint the cables and give everything a wash and some drybrushing.

SU-34 Fullback Fighter bomber- build start.

I bought this kit on a meeting earlier this year, and it’s been lying in the stash calling for my attention, and now it’s time to start the build.
I need to order a colour set for the Fullback fighter, so I have the colours I need once I get that far.

Boxart
Boxart.
Big box with plenty of parts.
Big box with plenty of parts

The box is filled with parts and will make a pretty big bird once it’s built.
As in many kits it starts out with the cockpit. I started with the seats and the bottom of the pit tub. Also had to fold a piece of photo etch (pe), which went fairly well as I’m not used to handle etched parts.

Bottom of the cockpit.
First steps of the pit tub.

The seats was pretty easy to assemble, and looks pretty good for being kit seats.

Seats and tub.
Seats and most of the tub parts assembled.

Getting parts ready for paint, but as my airbrush doesn’t work as it should, painting have to wait a while. Looks like there are several sub-assemblies I can do without having to paint. Fun kit and good detail so far.