I then started to mask for the yellow lines on the deck.
Once the masking was done, I painted the lines with pink and then after it hada dried with yellow.
Shortly after I removed the tape.
I’ve started masking for the white lines and will paint them before I mask and paint the landing pads. I think I need to paint some of it by hand with a brush as it will be complicated to mask and paint with airbrush.
I started by painting the top of all the buildings in orange.
Four helicopters with rotor blades test fitted.
I masked the buildings and started to fit parts that also should be grey onto the buildings.
Then the buildings got some light gull grey.
Then I removed the tape.
I then did a little test fit with the building parts and some of the radar masts.
Guns and other small parts was also painted in light gull grey.
I wasn’t happy with how some seams and puttied areas had turned out. Mainly as I didn’t wanna destroy too much of the rails and other details. I decided that I wanted the surfaces to look smooth, so I sanded them nicely and by that also destroyed some of the details.
I will try to heat and pull some sprue into thin strings that I’ll use to replace the rails with. Hopefully that will turn out looking better than it did before.
After a long wait I finally recieved my pre-ordered kit, and here’s a first view of it.
The kit depicts the Swedish version of the British Centurion tank. Here called Strv-104, which is short for stridsvagn (=tank) 104. It was first bought in 1958 and was then called strv-81. Modifications in steps broght it to strv-104 which in duty to about 2000 when it was scrapped.
Here’s pics of the contents of this kit.
With individual links and movable suspension, and as far as I can determine very nice details, this looks to be a very nice kit. Looking forward to building it at some time in the future.
Sometime I do bits here and there, and here the boats got some white paint.
Then radar masts and whatnot got some black colour.
On the deck there’s a hole, which I think is for the switch for the engine. For some reason I’ve missed that, and have to deal with it now instead. I cut a piece of plastic and fitted it in the hole. Lost one piece in the process, but the second one got where it should.
I then turned the ship over and glued the propeller shaft holders and rudders.
I decided to glue one of the top parts to the bottom building.
I then painted all the buildings with grey “primer”.
The top of the hull and the deck also got primer.
There’s a few things to sort were the most visible is the seam on the rear deck.