It seems like my camera can’t handle white backdrop in compination with my lighting, so I had to sort the white balance in a program. I’m not very familiar with photo editing, so perhaps I could have done more to enhance the pics.
I’m quite happy with how they turned out, even if the pics doesn’t do them justice.
I’ve bought this paint set with six colours and 2 figures during the build weekend I visited, and decided to start painting them there.
I used the included colours and paint scheme, just to see how it turned out.
The figures are quite easy to assemble and needs no glue. I used glue anyway. This was the first time I used the figure paint holder that I’ve bought just before that weekend. As usual I tend to forget to take pics during those build meetings, but here the first one is almost done and the other one is showing the zenithal shading i did before starting to paint.
Then I started on the other figure and decided to paint the blue and white in a different order.
I painted a little more there and a friend borrowed me his bottle of Nuln Oil, which is a wash that is very useful,
Once at home, I finished them of by adding some grass and a bit of turf.
After giving the other one the same treatment, both of them was finished.
I’m quite happy with how they turnded out considering I mostly only used the provided colours.
I started painting black colour on the Blood Bowl figures, and it actually took some time as the colour clogged the nozzle, more often than I liked. After cleaning the airbrush, I used a few drops of thinner and flow improver, which helped.
While at it, I also painted my Age of Sigmar figures, so here is my black army!
Next I’ll do some Zenithal painting, starting with grey, then off white. Then I’ll continue to underpaint the figures to enhance shadows and highlights.
This weekend, I’ve been to a build weekend, that we lovingly call “Plastkollo” which means plastic summer camp. It’s basically a weekend were we get together, build models, chat, eat and sleep, and most of the times we also visit at least one hobby shop. This year it was only one shop visited.
I’ve forgotten to bring my lamp with magnifier, so I needed something to use instead. I found this one.
It turned out it worked very well, and can give an enhancement of 14 times with 2 glasses and the small mono glass that can be folded down. I also have led lights with 2 light options and an USB cable to charge the batteries.
Continuing with the store visit I also bought a few kits, a Tamiya weathering set, Tamiya extra thin cement, a Citadel paint set with 2 figures.
I also bought a bottle of glue, but forgot to take a pic.
At the meeting I also got a kit from a friend, and there’s a bit of a story behind. Some years ago I sold him a kit, and I thought I had checked the kits going out. Turns out it wasn’t complete, so I simply checked my other ones and sent one that I think was complete. All of those kits was bought 2nd hand by me some year earlier. For some reason my friend built the incomplete kit using the complete kit as a role model to scratch new parts, and now he gave the other kit to me. I actually built a bit on it during the weekend and will continue the build as soon as possible.
A was a bit surprised over this gift, but happy to recieve it.
Of course I also built a little except on the vehicle mentioned above. I decided to try and pait the 2 soldiers from the paint set. Here are the 2 built soldiers.
The colours in the set are supposed to fit the colour scheme of the figures. I first did a black primer and then used grey lightly painted from the top. Then the first figure was painted.
On the 2nd one I changed the painting order a bit and decided to paint the white colour first.
As can be seen I’m using the stand/holder, which is very useful for this kind of painting.
I managed to almost finish the 2nd figure as well, but forgot to take any pics. Will take a few as soon as bot are entirely finished.
I brought with me a french WW2 plane called Dewoitine D250 that I started to build.
As usual it starts with the cockpit, and I decided after asking around to go with a bluish grey for the interior. I also painted the pilot.
The cockpit was assembled and the pilot put in place.
The cockpit was glued to the fuselage and then the fuselage halves was joined, as well as wings and stibilizers.
Lastly the cockpit glass was masked and glued in place. Some of it with kristal kleer.
I intended to start with my Saab J29 Tunnan or flying barrel in 32nd scale. As it turns out it starts with the resin cockpit and I didn’t have the proper tools with me. I’ll continue with that build later.
All in all a great weekend, and I anticipate the one next year.