Time for some touch ups of the paint job I’ve done earlier. I first masked off the surrounding areas and re-shot the dark grey. Then I masked off the grey and painted dark slate grey, which is a more greenish colour than grey. After removing the masking, I wasn’t happy with the edge of the sky colour, so on with som masking tape, and then some sky colour. I also had to freshen up the green a bit. With all that done, it looks like this:
In my mind it looks okey, so next step will be a clear cote in preparation for the decals. I also need to check which colour it should be in the wheel wells.
Time for the second camo colour which is dark sea grey
Then I used black masking goo to mask off the grey areas.
Then I painted dark slate grey, which i fact is a greenish colour.
The masking goo was very easy to get off.
The blue tack I’ve used to mask off the sky areas, sat a bit harder, but still went off fairly well. As long as it doesn’t sit too long it’s okey.
It wasn’t until I had removed the masking and checked the pics, that I fully realized the mistakes I’ve made. The grey colour on the sides doesn’t cover entirely, and the green field going over the spine should have been a bit wider.
I’ll mask the surrounding areas and repaint the grey, let dry, mask again and the paint the green, and hopefully it’ll look better afterwards.
This figure was promoted sometime before Christmas last year, and I thought it looked cool and bought one.
I first gave him a cote of black primer.
Using some of the grey primer when priming my Hellcat, I laid the first cote off the zenithal primer. Then I painted white mostly from the top. Once dry, I gave it a cote of Nuln oil to enhance some of the shadows, and lastly I dry brushed with mainly down strokes to pic up detail and highlights that wasn’t showing.
I decided to try out some of my speed paints to lay the base of the colours for this figure.
Next step will be to paint metal parts and pick out some details. I will also need to enhance some shadows and highlights.
For the base I’m thinking of wooden floor board or concrete.
Just a quick update. I painted the canopy frame black, and then the plane got a cote of primer. I also primed the fuel tank.
The prop was also painted.
I’ll give the prop a clear cote in preparation for the decals.
There’s a few seams that need to be sorted before I can continue painting the camo. The colours needed are sent and I expect to recieve them soon.
I turned out that the included rockets are different versions of HVAR rockets which are american, but FAA used british RP3 rockets instead. They look alike but have a rail that isn’t included in the kit. I feel my options are to either omit the rockets or just paint them like the british ones and just pretend it’s okey. In my mind it looks cooler with than without rockets.
I collected 2 parcels today. One smaller and one quite large. The smaller one was a kit I found on a Swedish forum.
I thought it could be fun with a little cannon in 72nd scale. Might even get a locomotive to pull it, if possible.
The larger box contained some kits that I bought on a sale with selected Revell kits. Actually they had about 40% off the price which isn’t bad. I found a few that I thought was interesting and that I thought was worth getting at the reduced price.
Then I’ve also got a few more kits last month that I forgot to post about.
I got one box with all four members of KIZZ in 1/8th scale.
One of my favorite musicals is the Phantom of the Opera so I thought this kit could with with that theme.