The other day I picked up this little beauty, that I bought from a seller on an auction site.
The kit is fairly new and this seller had it on sale for lower price than normal, so it’s a bit of a bargain. This plane isn’t very large even in 32nd scale, so it will be interesting to see how it is to build later. Could be a bit of a challenge to get the bare metal right.
Then yesterday I collected a parcel with four kits, bought from a friend on a Swedish model building forum.
Seems like I’m stuck with different Bedford trucks in that scale. These are newer than the Fuel trucks set, that have been around for quite some time.
First french WW2 airplane, which could be fun to build.
Yesterday, I took a little trip from Halmstad where I live to Habo, which took about 2½ hours. The reason for the trip was to meet a fellow model builder and also seller of a kit we had agreed upon. With me on the trip was my youngest son, as it’s nicer to have someone to talk to than to travel alone.
Once there we started with the business at hand, and then went to a local café and had a chat over a cup of coffee (or tea for me). We sat there and talked for about an hour about model building and a lot more! Always nice to meet fellow model builders.
Anyway, here’s the kit I got with me home.
Large box for a large model, and I still haven’t figured where to put it or where to put the finished model once it’s built! I also need to sort my workspace to make room for such a large kit.
On the way home I had arranged to meet up with a friend that lives about halfway between Habo and Halmstad. He had a kit that we talked about for quite some time ago that he wanted to part with and that he promised to hold for me, and now was a good time to sort that deal. Here’s what I got! 🙂
It looks quite nice and also is quite large! Seems like I’m a sucker for large kits! 🙂
While there he asked if there was anything else I wanted to buy. He had a Tomcat that he bought but wasn’t very interested to build. I thought why not!
He is mostly into building cars and had quite a few car kits in his stash, and one of them was a 62 Corvette, a kit I’ve been looking for, so I was quite happy when he was ok with selling it to me.
It was a nice little trip even if it was tiresome to drive in total 5 hours the same day, but totally worth it!
I also got a few things the normal way, meaning in the mail or collect at service point.
First this set of AFV Club tracks for my Leopard II tank, that I ordered from UK.
First time I’ll ever build with workable track links.
The last kit was this Chevrolet 57 Sports Coupe in 1/12
I already have one before that I got 2nd hand but got some parts missing. So I got this to hopefully be able to copy the missing parts somehow, using the parts from this one as a template.
A very nice week with a nice ending with the trip yesterday!
I did a little larger order at my “local” online hobby shop, and got the parcel today.
I needed a new cutting mat as the old one is very worn and full of glue, colour and putty, and have been beyond cleaning for a very long time.
I also bought a single blade nipper, some saw blades, cutting templates, agressor colour sets and some Tamiya colours.
It’ll be interesting to try out the nipper later. I should do cleaner cuts without creating as much damage to the plastic or risk breaking parts due to tension while cutting. Also the cutting templates will be nice to try out.
Mostly small parts left to sort, and I also wanna make sure I got everything on that’s not easily broken off (except the canards) glued on to the plane.
The diamond shaped pieces are the small lights at each side sitting slightly behind the intake. I checked pics and so far I can find there’s no diamond shape plate as they’re sitting directly on to the fuselage. So I cut away the excess and sanded them down a bit.
Then there’s a piece of glass to go to each of them. Will do that later when the plane is painted. Maybe the glass should be coloured too.
I glued fins to all the missiles, which on some wasn’t easy as Revell haven’t made the slightest mark on where they should go, making it harder to get both in the correct position and straight.
I also glued the pylons, two of each kind.
Both pylons seems to fit on any place under the wings, but I have to check which missile to use and where.
Here are the possible missiles to choose from.
Now I need to figure out which ones to use and how they should be painted. I think most of them are grey with differently coloured noses.
I first thought that the canopy should need to be fixed, but it turned out that it actually have a frame on the spine. Happy I didn’t have to! I did a test fit of the canopy parts.
Then the canopy was masked.
I did a bit of dry brushing and glued the HUD.
Then the canopy and front glass was glued in place.
I’ve also worked some with the seams and done some re-scribing. I still haven’t decided how to do with the ribs on the canards. As far as I understand they should not be there. At least I haven’t seen any on any of the pics I’ve looked at. I just wish I had checked earlier, as removing them now will be a lot harder, as I’m afraid to break the canards. Perhaps I can use my dremel and carefully take them down and sand the last bit. Once I decide to remove them, there’s no turning back!