BMW 507 – update 3

I cast a copy of the steering hub axle part. Not entirely perfect, but with some work it became usable.

Front and rear axles ready for assembly
Front and rear axles ready for assembly

The instrument panel got some decals.

Instrument panel
Instrument panel

The steering system was assembled.

Steering system assembled
Steering system assembled

I accidently fastened the steering in a fixed position, and to reflect that I glued the steering wheel in a turned position.

Interior almost ready
Interior almost ready

The tires was assembled.

Tires assembled
Tires assembled

The instructions says the brake plates should be glued to the rims, but that would prevent the wheels from rotating. So I glued the plates to the axles instead.

Then the wheels was glued in place.

Wheels glued
Wheels glued

And then the instrument panel, completing the interior.

Instrument panel glued
Instrument panel glued

The hood and body got a clear cote.

Clear cote on
Clear cote on

My intention was to do one more clear cote, but my curiosity had me trying the body on the chassie. As it turned out, it wasn’t all that easy to just slip it on. So to avoid breaking anything, I decided to let it sit where it was.

I then started adding parts for the final assembly.

Chrome parts added
Chrome parts added
More parts added
More parts added

A few more parts to sort and add. Then there’s some decals and glass parts that needs to get on, as well as license plates. Then it will be finished.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.