F-16C – build update 3.

First I painted the exhaust parts black. The afterburner ring was handpainted with chrome and gun metal. The inside of the can was dry brushed lightly with white.
The outside was painted with a mix of black and chrome, then I used a Molotov chrome pen to paint the rim.
The turkey feathers was painted in steel, and then masked of for the next colour.

Exhaust parts painted and partly masked.
Exhaust parts painted and partly masked.

After painting a mix of black and chrome on the inner feathers, I removed the masking.

Turkey feathers painted.
Turkey feathers painted.

Then I did a simple dry fit.

Exhaust dry fit
Exhaust dry fit

The inside of the feathers was dry brushed with an off white.

Feathers dry brushed.
Feathers dry brushed.

Quite happy with that. Now I only need to assemble it. I think I’ll give parts of it a black pin wash to enhance some details. I might also use sooth pigment from the Tamiya set.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.