The intake wouldn’t fit properly angainst the rear part.
Someone told me to remove those tabs in the upper front (against the body) parts to help get the intake in place easier, and I can see why, but perhaps the whole cover should have been assembled after the inner part of the intake was in place as it should.
After some work and minor cursing, I got it to sit better, at least against the body.
I still had to use plastic sheet and putty to sort gaps.
The exhaust parts was painted on the inside with black metal and then assembled, and then got some steel paint on the outside along with the petals.
Then the petals parts got some black metal.
To get the exhaust pipe to sit right wasn’t easy and not as easy as it seemed when I test fitted it. The idea was to make it possibe to insert it after the body was painted.
That didn’t work so well.
The rim was too wide and wouldn’t fit. After some work, sanding off inside the edge I could push it in and later glue it in place.
I just have to mask that later when painting.
The ejection seat was assembled.
As well as fin, under wing tanks and pylons.
Still more to assemble and also some decisions to make, like if the canopy should be open or not.