I’ve painted the Shelby again, and more ore less got the same result. It’s all grainy, and the colour look split in the cup.
I’ve bought Humbrol thinner, and if that doesn’t work I have to strip it entirely and try rattle cans or lacquer based colours. I hope I don’t set off the fire alarm again!
I’ve painted the underside and inside parts black on my deuce.
Looks ok on the pic, but on closer look it’s also a bit grainy. I need to redo some parts as the ejector pin marks still show. Otherwise I’ll keep it as it is. I need to have it nice and shiny on the topside though.
I also prepared some parts for paint and assembly.
When it comes to the P-47 I had set my mind to finish it by adding decals and do the final assembly. It turned out that it was harder to get those large decals in place than anticipated. The decals felt quite stiff and also a bit brittle while working with them.
So I decided to scrap them and paint the stripes and checkers instead.
First I masked and painted white.
Next I masked for the black stripes and checker board pattern. The latter wasn’t easy at all!
After painting and removing the tape it looked like this!
As can be seen there are some flaws, which I tried to correct.
I think it’ll look ok once I get all the decals on and the rest of the parts and finally put on the shelf.
I have one more kit, and they build nicely, but I’ll use another set of decals.