After some plastic rod was cut and glued between the cylinders, I considered the engine ready for paint.
I first painted the engine parts in a mix of steel and black according to the instructions. I wasn’t happy with how it turned out, and put a black wash on the lower part of the cylinder and engine housing. I did some detail painting too.
Here you can see how light the colour was compared with the black washed one.
I decided to repaint some of the parts with a much darker mix.
The guns also got some paint.
Not sure if parts of the mount should be metal or RLM02. Have to check that.
Now I can start assembling the engine and give it all a thin wash where needed.