I don’t know what Revell had in mind when they constructed very small tabs for the wing support.
So I decided to do something about it to strenghten the joint. By adding tubes that fit into each other, I could get a much better stability.
Jumping a bit, but the leading edge needed some attention too.
Some sanding sorted that out.
Off with the tabs!
Rods added to the wing halves.
Luckily I did a test fit against the fuselage. It turned out the rear wall section was in the way for having a tube going right through as I first had thought.
I also accidently shot away half of the smaller tube, and still haven’t found it. I replaced with a piece of sprue that matched the size of the bigger tube (with some minor sanding).
The larger tube also had to be shortened to fit, as I had to use my Dremel to cut part of the wall. I wish I had planned this tube thing before I glued the fuselage. So now there a sprue rod going right through the body in the front part and a short tube in the rear part.
After some adjusting, I got the first wing in place.
Quite ugly on the underside though.
Got a bit of a gap on the underside. By using some mild violence, it is possible to close the gap, at least somewhat, but I think super glue will be neccessary.
Both wings in place, but still some work to do to close the gaps and tidy it up.
Next I’ll sort the wing gaps, and then put back the IP and hopefully close the cockpit. I also need to figure if I need to add some weight in the nose.