Last update on this build as next will be the final reveal.
I gave the underside a protective clear cote.
For some reason I just might have forgotten to clear cote the topside later.
Next I used Flory’s wash for the first time.
I used grime on the topside and brown on the underside. Here’s the underside after wiping off the excess wash with a moist cloth.
It wasn’t until I started wiping off the wash from the topside that I realized that I probably hadn’t coated that side, as one of the walk way decals went off.
I managed to save it and get it in place with some Micro set, sol and lastly a few drops of Pledge.
I gave the landing gears an oil wash and added the covers.
I turned out that fitting the landing gears was a bit fiddlier than expected, and the covers fell off.
Adding the landing gears was the first part of the final assembly and for that the rockets also needed some colour.
Before adding the missing parts, I also gave the plane an oil wash and some sooth streaks with Tamiyas sooth pigment.
Feeling the end was getting closer, I tried to finish it quicker than neccessary. Ending up with rockets and antennas falling off.
Slowing down helped a bit and gluing the rockets one by one and letting the glue dry inbetween.
Then with all parts in place and everything done except removing the masking from the canopy, I gave it a cote of matt varnish.
That pretty much concludes the build, and the next post will be with the final reveal pics.
It’s a quite nice kit with only some minor problems, a few that I probably caused myself.
Perhaps some day I’ll get the Profipack and build that one, using what I know now to build it better.