I did some weathering using oil colours and white spirit. At first mainly streaks on the side of the hull from portholes and whatnot. Then I used white on the deck to make it look a bit more worn.
Putting decals on all the planes took a while and was done in a few sessions. First the wings got their stars.
Then the helicopters and fins got stars.
I used some black oil colour to create landing wear and tracks from driving around on the deck generally.
Then I tried a little plane configuration.
I decided to modify one plane and one helicopter a bit.
After some touching up and gluing back the gun barrels, I consider it finished!
I started working on a pair of small yellow tractors that I’ll add if they turn out looking good.
Pics on the finished build will be posted asap.