There are decals for 3 versions in this kit, one american and two russian. As there are russian soldier provided with this kit I decided to go with one of the russian options.
Only three decals and the set I thought looked the coolest, but also turned out to be the most difficult.as one is quite large and covers the rear side of the vehicle.
I actually broke the decals when sliding it on to the surface and then had a lot of problems moving the pieces around. I managed to get it right in the end and after some micro sol it sits quite nicely.
I assembled and painted some ammo boxes to put in the car.
I did a new test fit with the figures and guns.
Looks pretty ok to me. I still need to get the driver in place, but first some weathering. I sealed the decals yesterday, and today I used black oil colour to make a pin wash.
I also painted exhaust pipe and some other spots on the underside with rust.
Then I started working with Tamiyas weathering sets, adding mud and rust to certain areas.
I think I’ll need to do some additional weathering later. I’ll do some weathering on the figures, get the driver in place, and start to plan for a small dio. Might add some more mud once the base is done.