P-51D Mustang “Man O War” – part 2

The wings and stabilizers went on very well and only needed just a little putty to look alright.

I painted the prop blades and canopy frame black.

As the sight was missing (I lost it somehow), I had to make a replacement lookalike.

Then paint it and put it in place.

Looking at the pic I noticed a few mistakes that I need to sort by masking and repainting.

I haven’t decided if I’m going to use the pilot or try to do seat belts. I started painting the pilot. But sitting up late painting figures while tired wasn’t good. I have to do a bit of touch up on the pilot as well.

I did a mock up with the pilot in place.

Might work if I get the pilot painted properly.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *