Shelby series 1 – update 2

A little black on some parts.

Some parts painted black
Some parts painted black

According to the instructions, some parts are supposed to be painted silver, but after looking at some pics it seems like most of them have a polished steel or chrome look.
So I decided to try my chrome colour in the airbrush for the first time.

Some parts painted with chrome
Some parts painted with chrome

It turned out looking a lot better than I had expected. I need to paint some of them on the other side as well, and I might give the tank a few more layers.
Actually not very much colour used to achieve this look.

More painting! This time aluminum.

Some parts painted aluminum
Some parts painted aluminum
More aluminum
More aluminum

Engine and transmission sits together in one pice, and I just have to work with that.

Engine and suspension parts
Engine and suspension parts

I started assemble the engine parts just to notice that I hadn’t got paint everywhere it was needed, so I had to sort that before I could continue.

Most of the engine assembled
Most of the engine assembled

The oil filter needs a decal that I’ll put the when the gloss blue have cured.

Speaking of decals, the interior have quite a few.

Interior decals added
Interior decals added

Getting the decal on the stick was quite fiddly!

The body frame needed some more paint and I also masked and painted parts of the exhaust system with chrome.

Chrome and aluminum painted
Chrome and aluminum painted

The exhaust system was touched up some and the tape removed.

The painted exhaust system
The painted exhaust system

I decided to add ignition cables so I’ve drilled holes for them, but I need to figure where the other end should go. According to the pics I’ve seen it seems like they go somewhere under the black boxes on the valve covers.

I’ll also continue assembling the chassie once everything else is in place.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.