Shelby series 1 – update 3

I decided to try and make ignition cables. I couldn’t find what little left I had of my lead wire so I had to use copper instead. I drilled holes and glued wire for each cylinder.

Wiring started
Wiring started

Copper wire is a bit harder to bend and also a bit springy, but after a while I got them in place.

All cables glued
All cables glued

Then I gave them some paint.

Cables
Cables painted

Some decals on the oil filter and generator.

Decals added
Decals added

On the pics I’ve seen there’s no mesh covering the radiator cooler package. Instead it sits on the hood. So I decided to cut it away.

Radiator mesh removed
Radiator mesh removed

The suspension parts was painted and the engine and frame was assembled.

Chassie and suspension parts
Chassie and suspension parts

Inside of radiator painted and some more parts assembled.

Build progressing
Build progressing

The interior was assembled.

Interior assembled
Interior assembled

And seat belts was added.

Seats belts added
Seat belts added

Some more decals added and details painted.

Details painted
Details painted

I cut some plastic and created 2 recievers for the seat belt clips.

Interior finished
Interior finished

Next will be to sort the cooling system and build the rest of the chassie.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.