Spitfire MK XII – finishing touches

With all the decals done and a clear cote to seal them, I could start with the weathering.
So I used black oil colour and some white spirit to give panel lines a wash.

Panel line wash
Panel line wash

Then I let it sit for a few hours before I started wiping off the excess with cotton buds and some white spirit (where needed).

Excess wash removed
Excess wash removed

I then did some painting with aluminium to create a little wear on wings and prop blades.

Aluminium wear painted
Aluminium wear painted

Black oil colour was again used, but this time to create some dirt and grime like sooth from the shell ejection holes and some general grime.

Grime added
Grime added

I also added sooth from the exhaust pipes, removed the masking from the canopy and added the mirror and painted it. And with that I think I’ll call it finished, and will take proper pics later today.

Finished
Finished
Pic 2
Pic 2
The belly
The belly

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.