Tornado ECR 1/32 Update 6

I tried to mask the inside of the canopy and front glass, but gave up and decided to only mask the outside.

Canopy masked
Canopy masked

To be ready for putting the canopy in place, I had to sort a few other things. First I put decals on the ejection seats.

Seats with decals
Seats with decals

Then I glued the sight/HUD display.

Sight added
Sight added

I gave the seats a wash and then both seats and interior got a light dry brush with grey primer.
I forgot to take a pic of that before I glued the canopy parts in place.

Canopy in place
Canopy on place

Then I painted the frames with grey primer.

Frames painted
Frames painted

I decided to go with the open fuel probe.

Fuel probe case added
Fuel probe case added

These three holes on the bottom confused me a bit as the instructions told nothing about them. I realized that they are for a mid pylon that isn’t used on the ECR model.

Three strange holes
Three strange holes

I found a rod that was close, drilled some and glued in place.

Plastic rods inserted
Plastic rods inserted

After it had dried, I cut them even, sanded a bit and then filled with some putty.

Holes sanded and puttied
Holes sanded and puttied

I’ll sand that down, and then it’s soon getting ready for paint. I just need to cover the inside of the intakes, air brakes and the wheel bays.
I think it’s ok to add all small antennas and other stuff later.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.