Tornado ECR 1/32 update 5

The tail fin was glued in place!

Fin assembled
Fin assembled

All in all parts seems to fit quite well, and the fin only needed a little putty and sanding.

While handling the plane I accidently knocked off one of the stabilizors. So now it was time to sort this problem somehow. My options as I see it was either to glued them in a fixed position or find something better than the current rod system.

My idea was to find a tube and a rod that fit snuggly into each other, and by chance I had saved a few lollipop sticks that is hollow, and then I noticed that my ordinary wooden tooth pics fit very well.
After removing the kit rod, I could put the lollipop stick in place and glue it, and I also drilled the stabs and glued tooth pics instead of the old mechanism.

New rod system added
New rod system added

I also did the same thing with the broken pylon.

Pylon fix
Pylon fix
Pylon in place
Pylon in place

Stabilizers in place.

Stabilizers in place
Stabilizers in place

I’ve also painted some of the load out with black primer.

Black primer painted
Black primer painted

By the looks of it they need some more attention to look good, and then some more primer.

Next will be sorting the canopy so I can start priming and painting the plane.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.