Tornado ECR part 2

The front wheel bay was glued to the bottom of the cockpit tub and then the whole thing was glued in place into the front fuselage halves that was glued together. Everything but the seats was glued in place.

Front fuselage assembled
Front fuselage assembled
Rear view
Rear view

The intake fans got a black oil wash.

Intake fans wash done
Intake fans wash done

The wings was connected, aligning the cogs.

Wing mechanism assembled
Wing mechanism assembled

Putty was applied to the fuselage seams.

Fuselage seams puttied
Fuselage seams puttied

Stabilizers was connected and put in place in the main body.

Stabilizers in place
Stabilizers in place

Then it was time to do the same with the wings, which took a bit of adjustment to fit in place.

Wings in place
Wings in place

Then the upper fuselage half was glued in place.

Main fuselage assembled
Main fuselage assembled

It wasm’t entirely easy to get the seams even, and they’ll need some work with putty and sanding to look right.

The exhaust parts was painted black.

Exhaust painted black
Exhaust painted black

The front fuselage needed some more putty as well as some parts for the intakes and air brakes.

Fuselage and some parts puttied
Fueslage and some parts puttied

The sander starter set I ordered arrived yesterday.

Flory sanders starter pack
Flory sanders starter pack

Maybe no bearing on this build more than that I started using some of them. I really liked the skinny ones as they made it easier to sand areas where the larger ones wouldn’t fit.

Some of the exhaust parts got a cote of steel and here’s a pic of the parts I’m working with at the moment, that needs to be done before I can progress further with the build.

Some putty was added to the fuselage seams.

Fuselage seam puttied
Fuselage seam puttied

I guess it’ll need more than that to look good. Working with the seams is a bit hard as the stabilizers and wings are in the way. I just hope I can avoid breaking anything!

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.