Tornado ECR – part 3

The seams on the front fuselage part is now sorted to my satisfaction!

Front fuselage done
Front fuselage done

I continued painting the exhaust parts. This time with a mix of steel and brown.

Exhaust cans painted
Exhaust cans painted
Pipes tested in place
Pipes tested in place

Not quite happy with that as I think it needs to be a lot darker colour to create that burnt look I’m after. I’ll do a test with a darker metal colour and perhaps more or darker brown.

I started using putty to get the weights in place, but that got too tedious, so I decided to use white glue instead. I poured some into the nose after having glued the radar in place.
Then I dropped the rest of the weights and then some more glue to cover them.

Typically there was small gaps in some places around the radar were the glue could and did seap out, and I think it took 2 days for it to cure enough to stop seaping out.

After removing excess glue and touching up the radar, I could finally glue the front to the main frame. In the process, I accidently broke off one pylon. Somehow I have to sort that later. Maybe I fix the wings and pylons in one position later.

Body glued
Body glued

I took a pic of the pile above the plane, with all the missiles and other parts that I’m working on while other things is drying, not realizing until afterwards how much of the pile that could be seen in the pic above. Anyway here’s the pile again! 🙂

Pile of missiles and stuff
Pile of missiles and stuff

Not quite happy with the inside of the intake so I applied a little more putty that needs to be sanded and polished, and painted again to look good. Then they’re going on as well.

I’ll check all seams and also see if I can re-scribe missing panel lines. Then it’s time to add everything needed before painting with the black primer that also will double as the body colour.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.