Tornado ECR – part 4

The exhaust pipes got a darker colour and some dry brushing inside.

Exhaust and nose painted inside
Exhaust and nose painted inside

I took a pic on the exhaust to more clearly show the darker colour.

Exhausts side view
Exhausts side view

Some putty was applied on the seams around the body and intakes.

Putty applied
Putty applied

My idea was to remove the excess a while later with cotton buds and etylacetate, but it got late, and I think now a sander is the only way! I just dread the work re-scribing all the panel lines.

I’m also having a bit of a problem with the seam in front of the wing keeps breaking up. Maybe adding a bit of thin plastic will remove some of the tension.

Lastly I tried tire black on the tires.

Tire test paint
Tire test paint

On the pic it’s quite recently painted and looks more like a tire on a WW2 aircraft. Looks like it darkens a bit when totally dry. Not sure if need to add some black to the mix.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.