This is supposed to be a quick weekend build, but I haven’t haad as much time as I would have hoped. Yesterday we had problems with our electricity, and could call and get help earlier today (saturday).
Anyway, I started cutting and cleaning up the parts for the cockpit. I also started to do some assembly of parts that I thought should be painted in the same colour.
As the inside of the fuselage also needed the same colour as the cockpit, I prepared those parts for paint too, including the parts for the fuselage assembly.
I also assembled the wings and stabilizers. Waiting with the slats and ailerons until later, as it might be easier to paint them separately, and I haven’t decided how they should be positioned yet.
According to the instructions parts of the cockpit should be gray, but after checking pics on the real plane, it turned out most of the cockpit is black, which in a way makes things a bit easier. So on with some black paint.
A while later I started assembling the cockpit. I also did some dry brushing. and painted some details as the rudder pedals.
Last parts to go was the instrument panels.
Detail on the panels wasn’t easy to pick out and dry brush. I think I would have prefered decals, since this is 72nd scale anyway.
Unsure if I need to paint the outside of the side panels. I guess they will not show. I’ll do a dry fit to see how it looks. If it’s ok I’ll glue the cockpit and other parts and join the fuselage halves.