Turkey shoot weekend build – part 5

Obviously this is taking longer than a weekend, but I’ll still try to finish it as fast as possible. No point in hurrying too much though.
I had some problems with this. I know it needs weight in the front, and I’ve added quite a lot, but I noticed some of the white glue had ended up in the cockpit. I removed quite a bit, but some was hard to reach without destroying the control stick and perhaps other details.

The second problem is the propeller blades. For some reason Trumpeter have positioned them in what looks like a feathered position. Need to change that.

Propeller blade in wrong angle.
Propeller blade in wrong angle.

The last problem (for now) is the canopies, that have a mold line across the top.

Canopies with visible mold line.
Canopies with visible mold line.

After som sanding and polishing it looked like this!

Polished canopies.
Polished canopies.

I hope this is enough and that dipping them in Pledge will improve the looks.

If all goes well, I’ll be masking them and putting the in place. Three of the parts are very alike, so I hope I’ll get them right.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.