I started building this kit a while ago. A kit that I bought from a friend in UK about 7 years ago. Sometimes it takes a while before a kit ends up on the building table.
This is a kit consisting of old kit and contains a Spitfire Mk1, Fuel truck set and a set of airfield personell. These kits have been around for a while as I remember them from when I was growing up. The set also contains glue, a bunch of small jars with acrylic colours and 2 decent brushes.
I started with the Spitfire by removing parts, cleaning up and test fitting a bit.
The interior got some interior grey green, which was typical for RAF at that time.
Next the pilot got some paint, as I need him to be seated before I can glue the fuselage halves.
Once the pilot was finished and some details painted, I could glue the fuselage, rudders and wings.
I had glued the upper wing parts to the lower wing half, but by the looks of it, I perhaps should have glued the upper halves to the body first, as there was a ridge that had to go under the wing root on the body. Doing it the way I did created a few minor fit problems.
After some adjusting and more glueing, I managed to get it look alright. I had to do some scraping and sanding as well.
While putty and stuff was drying I started with the Bedford fuel truck.
There’s no driver or steering wheel on this one. Obviously the driver took it with him when he left the truck! 🙂
The fuel trucks also comes with a few figures that luckily is molded in the same kind of plastic as the kit, which makes things easier. The kit is old so there’s a bit of flash to clean up.
There is also a set of soft figures, but I will use these ones primarily.
I started gluing the undercarriage with suspension parts and rear axles. I also prepared some of the other parts for paint.
All parts prepared for paint.
And then painted RAF blue (Hu96).
Details was added to the rear of the tank.
And then some more painting was done.
Then I did some assembly.
The whole truck was painted again and the rims on the wheels painted.
I started with the parts to the other trucks.
Then the first truck was assembled.
Next I’ll put a clear cote and add decals.
More on this build in the next post.