With little more than a week left on the Airfix groupbuild, I decided to have a go at this old kit.
As this had to be a fairly quick build, I decided not to put too much attention to details.
I painted the cockpit black and added some green to seat rest, and painted the pilot.
There was a few ejector pin marks to sort, and I also added some weight and painted the inside of the covers.
The fuselage went together well.
I had to tape the front to prevent the white glue from seaping out while drying. I also hade glued wings and prepared the missiles.
I forgot to take a few pics, so after the underside was painted, I masked it for the next colour.
Topside freshly painted
As I’m painting with Humbrol, there’s a bit of drying time between each cote. For some reason I didn’t have the proper colours in any other brand.
Here it is fully painted.
Next will be a clear cote to prepare for the decals.
The inside of the covers was also repainted, as the ejector pin marks showed too much.