I’ve painted covers and landing gear parts with white.
Then there was this question about the load out. For some reason Revell have put the wrong missile on the wrong load out point, and also it seems this one should have no bombs. And I who thought that would have looked cool.
Anyway there’s 2 kinds of missiles in the kit, Sidewinders and Sparrows, and only 2 of each. In reality there should be 4 Sidewinders in total. I’ve painted the ones I have.
The 2 other missiles seen in the pic are from my Tornado. Slightly different, but the Tiger meet Tonka don’t use them so i might use them for this kit.
I also should need a pair of fuel tanks instead of the bombs, to go on those pylons. I’ll see if I can scavenge up some.
The focus is all on the exhaust in this update. I started by applying putty on the inside. Partly do fill in the seams and partly to build up where needed. It took some passes with sanding inbetween. Here I’m still not done.
Once that was done I started painting the inside. Trying to replicate the patterns and general look inside.
The inside on the “bottom” part also got some paint.
I might need to redo some or simply glaze with some more insignia white.
I guess I can just mask the outer most part while painting the outside. Possibly I have to wait until I have put the exhaust pipe in place to make sure it sits nicely, before painting.