I needed to check for seams that need more attention, and painted the entire Lightning black.
As can be seen in the pics, there are a few issues, at least on the underside. Everything else looks pretty good. One of the reasons to use black is that the underside should be in silver.
I’ll go over the seams with putty and carefully sand them down to look smooth and nice.
On the topside i think I’ll try some black basin.
The second part of this post will be about the russian soldiers for the M3A1 Scout car.
One thing I really did like about the figures in this kit is those tabs that help the parts to fit properly. Tamiya has done this very well I think.
Two more figures built.
Pretty soon all soldiers were built and some even got a little paint.
I started to paint their faces and hands with different skin tones. Some I painted and some I dry brushed. I think it turned out ok. I also started painting the uniform on one figure, but realized that I had to check if I used the right colour. It seems like I did. So now I only need to paint all the other figures except the driver who is dressed in black.
I also think I need to drill holes in the bottom of their boots and put them on sticks to make painting a bit easier.