I bought this kit 2nd hand quite a few years ago, and the main reason for building it, is to test some kind of silver metallic as body colour.
This is what it looked like when I started.
The engine got some more parts.
To be able to test colours, the hood got some primer.
I decided to have a black leather/vinyl interior.
Then I masked parts of the interior and painted the engine room with steel.
Perhaps not very visible in the pic, but the ejection pin marks, I thought I had scraped away, was still visible. Time to sort that!
Time for some more primer.
I should have masked the interior better, so now I had to redo it, after painting over the red with flat black.
It turned out the body had some mold line and other flaws to take care of, and the hood and underside of the chassie got some steel paint.
Then the engine room was painted again.
After sorting the flaws, the body got some more primer.
I wasn’t happy with the steel colour, partly because I had problems painting it good enough on the topside. I’ve also had problems with Vallejos primer.
Anyway I decided to use Vallejos new metal colours. I tried aluminum on the hood.
I changed to medium grey and gave the body a cote.
The outer rims was painted aluminum.
The exhaust pipes was painted with brass.
Some parts was painted black and the mufflers was painted with gun metal.
I’ve also assembled engine, transmission and exhaust system.
Two problems have arised during this build. 2 parts are missing and I should have checked better, but as my my intention was to test body colour, my check wasn’t as thorough as it should have been.
I’ve asked for help, and possibly a friend of my son can print the parts on his 3D printer. I’ll see how that goes. Possibly I can make one of them myself if I can get the plastic material needed.
I’ll build and paint as much as I can, and hopefully the parts will be sorted so I can continue.