This kit I also intended to have in a small diorama with the figures I also got. The figures are about half done, meaning they’re assembled and painting is started. I also need to figure out how I want the dio to look. I’ll get to the dio later, and meanwhile, here’s some pics of the finished Warrior!
Here’s some pics of the finished Stuart Honey! Enjoy! 🙂
Even if the build totally took quite some time, it was a fun build. Nice with interior details even if they’re not seen with the top on. The worst part of the build was the stiff decals, which seems to be a problem on older Academy models. Newer models have decals made by Cartograph, that are excellent.
If I can find a suitable figure set I might do a small dio.
I’m getting closer and closer to finishing this kit, and one part of the process was adding all the 7 decals, which at some point turned out to be harder than I’ve thought. Two of the decals go on the fire extinguishers, wouldn’t conform to the cylindrical shape, and required some extra work, but in the end I got all the decals in place!
I have no idea why the rear panel is slightly tilded, but I can’t adjust it now without the risk of breaking something.
After the decals was in place I did some weathering with brown oil colour and Tamiya weathering sets, mainly sand and light sand.
Then I could start with the protective bars that goes around the vehicle.
Putting all those bars/plates took a while, and once done there isn’t much left to do, except some additional weathering to tie it all together.
I also need to assemble and paint all the figures. They look quite nice but the guns are very delicate. I’ll have them on their stands for now, until I decide about a possible dio.
This kit is in some ways not an easy build, as it requires some planning. Some parts won’t be easy to reach when painting otherwise, and in some cases it won’t be possible to add some of the decals as they sit inside of the protection bars.
Anyway I’ve added some more parts to the body and turret, prior to adding the protective skirts.
I also started building on of the figures and a few small parts that will be needed later.
With the small parts in place I could start painting. First the tan base colour.
Next I painted a slightly lighter tan.
And finally a layer of Portland Stone, not covering entirely, mor like dusting it on.
Now I will continue adding side plates and some other stuff until next phase is reached.
A bit of slow progress, but I’ve finally managed to get the underside and all wheel parts painted.
There’s an intentional uneven look to it. Now I only need to paint the wheel rubber rims, and start assembling wheels and then the tracks.
The turret is really a bit further ahead, but I’ve started working with it a bit, and the interior part is done, and the inside of the turret got some primer inside, as the primer is a match for the interior colour.
There’s actually quite a few parts that go on the outside of the turret, hatches, and periscopes and boxes and whatnot. The plan is to glue these parts, and then continue with tracks and the hull and all the parts on the topside.
The build have been standing still for some time, as I had more urgent things to take care of since my dad passed away. Now it’s all in the hands of the lawfirm, and I can’t do much until that is done. So I did some painting, mainly on the other side of the wheels with the basic desert colour.
The underside also got a thin layer of a lighter colour. I will paint with the lighest colour later, trying to create variations.
As soon as the wheels are painted properly on both sides, I will start adding a black/greyish rubber paint to the rims. And then I’ll start assembling wheels and tracks.
The tank commander got some dry brushing with tropical tan, and some details painted. I also added a wire to his mic. The tank itself got some more dust and sand. I used both pigments and diluted sand colour. Need to practice more to get it look like sand entered every nook and cranny.
I’ll check it over and then I’ll take some better pics for the final reveal.