After some plastic rod was cut and glued between the cylinders, I considered the engine ready for paint.
I first painted the engine parts in a mix of steel and black according to the instructions. I wasn’t happy with how it turned out, and put a black wash on the lower part of the cylinder and engine housing. I did some detail painting too.
Here you can see how light the colour was compared with the black washed one.
I decided to repaint some of the parts with a much darker mix.
The guns also got some paint.
Not sure if parts of the mount should be metal or RLM02. Have to check that.
Now I can start assembling the engine and give it all a thin wash where needed.
Insserting the cockpit and rear wall was no problem, but glueing the fuselage took a while, partly due to being made of three parts. A bit wobbly to keep the fuselage together while glueing one section at the time.
I shouldn’t have glued the canards as Revell suggested, as both broke off, one by one. I have to sort that later and have them in a fixed position. Often pointing downwards when parked. At least from what I can see on walk around pics.
I’ve glued the nose halfs, engine and assembled the radar. Not sure if I’m going to show the radar yet, although the nose can be made movable.
I’ve also started re-scribing the wings. Not many panel lines to re-scribe, so it should be a pretty quick job.
Next I will assemble the wings and glue them to the body. After sorting the surfaces where the wings will go. Even though the contact area for the wings are pretty large, it seems like the tabs are a tad bit small.