I’ve started to assemble the front and rear stabilizers. They actually fit quite nicely. However, I first need to sort some of the seams along the body. I don’t want to have them showing behind the stabilizers.
I accidently cut off the tab for the one on the other side by mistake, as I thought it was part of the sprue. I have to sort that, and also figure if they’re supposed to sit in a certain angle when parked.
Putting the front gear bay into place was a bit of a struggle. Partly due to the struts poking out from the bay. Now both are broken. Have to glue them back later.
The struts poking out from the main gear bays are also easy to break, and I think it would have been possible to glue them later. Not so with the front gear bay.
After that I glued the fuselage halves. No great problem with the fit, and I think most of it will be sorted with minor sanding. I had to glue it bit by bit, but quite easy with liquid glue.
The HUD consists of 2 parts of PE that is glued together with the glass pieces, and then glued to the sight. But I decided to glue the etch in place and then paint all in black. Hopefully I can fit the glass later.
The cockpit and the front wheel bay got an oil wash.
The instrument panel got the decal on. A bit fiddly as there wasn’t much space to hold the IP when working with the decal. A bit hard to move around as the decal stuck all the time, but after some work I got it in place.
Using q-tips I removed some of the excess wash, and then I did some weathering with Tamiya weathering sets.
When the weathering was done, I could put the IP in place.
The main wheel bays was mounted into the lower body.
I started out with the exhaust cans, who sits on two separate sprues. Some cleaning up to do. Quite easy to put together and have pretty nice detail.
I must say the instructions are a little sparse when it comes to painting instructions.
Now I need to figure which colours to use for the exhaust pipes.
I bought this kit on a meeting earlier this year, and it’s been lying in the stash calling for my attention, and now it’s time to start the build. I need to order a colour set for the Fullback fighter, so I have the colours I need once I get that far.
The box is filled with parts and will make a pretty big bird once it’s built. As in many kits it starts out with the cockpit. I started with the seats and the bottom of the pit tub. Also had to fold a piece of photo etch (pe), which went fairly well as I’m not used to handle etched parts.
The seats was pretty easy to assemble, and looks pretty good for being kit seats.
Getting parts ready for paint, but as my airbrush doesn’t work as it should, painting have to wait a while. Looks like there are several sub-assemblies I can do without having to paint. Fun kit and good detail so far.