He-111H-6 interior done and fuselage glued.

A bit of a quick update as I managed to get a bit more done. Mostly painting and dry brushing and also adding seat belts madae of tape. Then the cockpit and bombay was glued and fit to one half of the fuselage.

Cockpit glued to fuselage half
Cockpit glued to fuselage half

Shortly thereafter I glued both fuselage halves together. Cockpit fit very nice and there was no larger issues with the fuselage. Though I needed some tape to hold it together while gluing it section by section.

Fuselage halves glued
Fuselage halves glued.

I think it only will need a minimum of filler/putty, but I’ll try to get the seems as nice as I can by sanding first.

Ju-87B-2 Gluing interior and fuselage halves in place

After a quick wash and some dry brushing, I could glue the interior to one of the fuselage halves and then glue the other half. The both halves fit very nicely and I think there will be minimal work on the seam. Letting it dry until tomorrow.

Fuuselage halves joined.
Fuselage halves joined.

A little bit left to do like putting all the front parts together. Then I can glue the wings. Have to check the fit of the wings later.

Tornado front fuselage glued and wings started.

If I am to believe the instructions, it’s only the Gulf war version who has those “danger” markings on the sides of the head rest. Have to check!
Anyway, the seats can go in later and the cockpit was fitted into the front fuselage halves and glued in place.

Cockpit in place.
Cockpit in place.
Rear view
Rear view

A bit fiddly and I had to glue one bit at a time. For some reason there’s a gap between the front panel and coaming. Have to carefully fill it with plastic or putty. Hard to sand where it’s already painted.

I’ll sand and check all seams, and use putty where needed.

The wings have gears and turnable pylons, but as it is now the pylons can turn any direction, and really don’t sit very tight.

Turnable wings.
I’ve started on the turnable wings and stabilizers.

On the 1/48 kit there’s a mechanism to turn both pylons at the same time. I wonder why they didn’t do that on this one?
Maybe they thought of it afterwards.

Eurofighter fuselage glued!

Insserting the cockpit and rear wall was no problem, but glueing the fuselage took a while, partly due to being made of three parts. A bit wobbly to keep the fuselage together while glueing one section at the time.

Fuselage assembled.
Fuselage assembled.

I shouldn’t have glued the canards as Revell suggested, as both broke off, one by one. I have to sort that later and have them in a fixed position. Often pointing downwards when parked. At least from what I can see on walk around pics.

I’ve glued the nose halfs, engine and assembled the radar. Not sure if I’m going to show the radar yet, although the nose can be made movable.

Nose, engine and radar.
Nose, engine, radar and parts to the front of the intake.

I’ve also started re-scribing the wings. Not many panel lines to re-scribe, so it should be a pretty quick job.

Re-scribing the wing halves.
Re-scribing the wing halves.

Next I will assemble the wings and glue them to the body. After sorting the surfaces where the wings will go. Even though the contact area for the wings are pretty large, it seems like the tabs are a tad bit small.