Now I’ve done some more on my He-111. First I had to sort some seams that had opened up. Not sure if the nail polish remover works as good as glue anymore. So back to Revells bottle and re-glue the seams. Then I glued the wing halves and the wing halves to the body. I also glued the engine nacelles, and I must say the fit is very good. If there’s any flaws it’s probably my own doing.
Next up will be the landing gears and then the front glass and other details.
A bit of a quick update as I managed to get a bit more done. Mostly painting and dry brushing and also adding seat belts madae of tape. Then the cockpit and bombay was glued and fit to one half of the fuselage.
Shortly thereafter I glued both fuselage halves together. Cockpit fit very nice and there was no larger issues with the fuselage. Though I needed some tape to hold it together while gluing it section by section.
I think it only will need a minimum of filler/putty, but I’ll try to get the seems as nice as I can by sanding first.
Progressing a bit with the cockpit and interior parts. I masked and painted the front fuselage parts RLM66 and also the cockpit. Then I started painting details such as seat cushions and other details. Not sure it’s entirely correct but it will catch some attention once closed in.
I gave it a pin wash in black, and used a cotton but to remove the excess. I noticed that I possibly was a bit too hasty and smudged the wash more than I wanted. I still need to let it dry before I can start dry brushing it.
Next I’ll dry brush and start closing up the fuselage.
Now that I got a working airbrush, I could start painting the interior parts of this kit. Not entirely shure but I used RLM02 for the interior, but it is possible it should be RLM66 instead. Should have checked but I wanted to try my airbrush.
Next I will paint seats and details, and also do wash and drybrushing of highlights.
This is a build I’ve started in the “Lovewaffe” groupbuild on Facebook. As the rules required, I’ve included my phone to show date, at least on the required box and content pics.
As can be seen on the second picture a masking set for the glass is included. Could be useful as there are many small window pieces. I started by removing and cleaning up the parts for the fuselage and the interior.
I then started to assemble some of the interior parts, prior to paint.
I continued with wing parts and nacelles. By the looks of it, the fit is quite good.
Next I need to start painting the interior parts, but I still have problems with my airbrushes. Something I hope will get sorted soon so I can start painting again.