I painted the driver, his boots and the hand part on the wheel.
Then I fit the seat, wheel and figure in place. It took a bit of fiddling to get it right.
I painted some flames on the rear side, and then did a test fit to see how the vehicle would look.
I’ve finally painted the rest of the parts in metallic and got the figures ready to get painted.
The figures got a green base cote and the valve covers got steel paint.
I added the exhaust system and dry brushed that and the big gun and front tires.
For starters the small goblin or whatever he is, needs to be finished so I can put him in place next to the driver. As I can’t close the cockpit until he is in place.
I’ll do some additional detail painting on the exhaust and some other parts like the big gun as well as paint the remaining figures. Hopefully this kit will be done soon. Still need to sort the base as well.
I bought this kit because I thought it looked cool.
I started by assembling the engine and mid body.
I painted the parts with black primer, then I used Vallejo’s black metal and painted selected areas.
Then I dry brushed the metal with a slightly brighter metal colour.
The rear tires was painted with tire black.
Then it was time to do some additional building, so the turret gunner and gun was built as well as all parts for the exhaust system, and the 2 goblins. I also added a few colours to the tanks on the main body.
Then those parts also got some primer, at least on one side.
The parts in the pic are only painted black. It’s just freshly painted giving it all a shiny look.
I masked the body parts and painted the rest red in different tones.
I thought using masking putty was an easy way of masking some more complicated areas, but as it turned out, the putty had covered more than I had expected.
Instead of masking everything again, I used a brush and filled in the areas where paint was missing. I also painted some details, and here is how it looks now.
I still need to paint some details, and still got figures and remaining parts to paint. At least the driver needs to be painted, so I can continue with assembly.