Here’s some pics of the finished Stuart Honey! Enjoy! 🙂
Even if the build totally took quite some time, it was a fun build. Nice with interior details even if they’re not seen with the top on. The worst part of the build was the stiff decals, which seems to be a problem on older Academy models. Newer models have decals made by Cartograph, that are excellent.
If I can find a suitable figure set I might do a small dio.
Starting with the Stuart, I put the hatches in open position and added struts for the front ones.
Then I continued with the weathering, creating worn off colour and scratches, using both olive drab and gun metal, and the a bit of rust pigment. I feel it’s hard to get a sense of when to stop, and maybe I’ve gone over the top with this, but I’ll consider it done.
I need to add the tow cable, and maybe sort a few things I’ve noticed in the pics, then I’ll take better pics against white background. Feels good to be done!
The propeller to the Corsair waas painted.
All decals except for the ones for the prop and front landing gear covers.
I need to do the remaining decals and seal them before I continue with final assembly and weathering.
Hopefully the gears for the P-47 will hold, as it only need prop and final weathering to be done.