More parts added and some painting done!

I added some boxes and whatnot to the rear and sides.

Parts added to the hull.
Parts added to the hull.

The part that covers most of the front is assembled earlier in the instructions, but either check the fit then or wait with the lower part to ensure it fits as it should on the lower part of the front. I had to break up mine and re-glue it.

The rear side
The rear side

Continuing with some of the parts for the turret. Some of them got painted in the interior green.

Some of the turret parts
Some of the turret parts

In order to get the wheels on, I started to paint the lower hull and backside of the armor plates in the darker tan colour.

Some paint on the lower hull.
Some paint on the lower hull.

Need to do some touch up before using the lighter colours for toning/post shading.

Deciding colours for the Warrior.

I did a test with two different colours to tone the tropical tan with.

2 different tones
2 different tones

For me I think I prefer the lighter one of the two, and I will probably use that one. The choice was so clear I also painted some of the wheels as well.

Wheels painted.
Wheels painted.

I’ll see what the community have to say about my choice of colours.

I’ve also started to sort the hatches to cover up the interior when I start to paint. I’ll see if I can keep them in place with some blue tac while painting.

Some of the hatches on
Some of the hatches on

As soon as I’m sorted with covering all the openings, I can start painting the underside at least, so I can get the wheels and tracks in place.

Colour test and tracks for the Warrior.

I tried 2 of the tropical tan colours on the armor plates.

Armor plates painted
Armor plates painted

It was hard to take a good picture and hard to tell the difference between the two colours.
One is slightly brighter, but that hardly shows in the pic. I’m thinking of using one of the slightly brighter colours to tone any of these, just to get that sand dusty look I’m after.

I put some gun metal colour on the tracks parts.

Tracks painted metal
Tracks painted metal

I think I need to darken the tracks with some brownish colour and some rust perhaps.
The pads needs to be painted in rubber black as well.
I’ll need the tracks pretty soon to continue the build.

Progressing with the Warrior.

With internal armor plates painted and in place I could finally glue the upper hull in place.

Upper hull glued
Upper hull glued.

The fit wasn’t entirely perfect, so I had to use some filler.

Putty applied.
Putty applied.

After the putty had been sanded down I could start to assemble the torsion arms. There is included some sort of jig to get the alignment right, but every arm is put in a slightly different position, so the jig only fit some of the arms. I saw no real use for it.

Jig for torsion arm in place.
Jig for torsion arm in place.

All the suspension arms in place and a few of the support wheels.

Suspension in place.
Suspension in place.

As i soon need to start painting, at least some of the parts, I need to figure which paint to use. I’ll ask my model building friends if any of these will do. If not I have to order new colours.

Possible colours, maybe
Possible colours, maybe.

Next I’ll start with the parts to the tracks, so I can continue the build.

Secret Santa gift reveal.

This is what I got from my Secret Santa this year.

My Secret Santa gift
My Secret Santa gift

It looks like a nice little kit and can be a fun build as I normally don’t build modern armor stuff. I will start building asap as that’s part of the Secret Santa group build.