BMW 507 – update 3

I cast a copy of the steering hub axle part. Not entirely perfect, but with some work it became usable.

Front and rear axles ready for assembly
Front and rear axles ready for assembly

The instrument panel got some decals.

Instrument panel
Instrument panel

The steering system was assembled.

Steering system assembled
Steering system assembled

I accidently fastened the steering in a fixed position, and to reflect that I glued the steering wheel in a turned position.

Interior almost ready
Interior almost ready

The tires was assembled.

Tires assembled
Tires assembled

The instructions says the brake plates should be glued to the rims, but that would prevent the wheels from rotating. So I glued the plates to the axles instead.

Then the wheels was glued in place.

Wheels glued
Wheels glued

And then the instrument panel, completing the interior.

Instrument panel glued
Instrument panel glued

The hood and body got a clear cote.

Clear cote on
Clear cote on

My intention was to do one more clear cote, but my curiosity had me trying the body on the chassie. As it turned out, it wasn’t all that easy to just slip it on. So to avoid breaking anything, I decided to let it sit where it was.

I then started adding parts for the final assembly.

Chrome parts added
Chrome parts added
More parts added
More parts added

A few more parts to sort and add. Then there’s some decals and glass parts that needs to get on, as well as license plates. Then it will be finished.

Shelby series 1 – update 3

I decided to try and make ignition cables. I couldn’t find what little left I had of my lead wire so I had to use copper instead. I drilled holes and glued wire for each cylinder.

Wiring started
Wiring started

Copper wire is a bit harder to bend and also a bit springy, but after a while I got them in place.

All cables glued
All cables glued

Then I gave them some paint.

Cables
Cables painted

Some decals on the oil filter and generator.

Decals added
Decals added

On the pics I’ve seen there’s no mesh covering the radiator cooler package. Instead it sits on the hood. So I decided to cut it away.

Radiator mesh removed
Radiator mesh removed

The suspension parts was painted and the engine and frame was assembled.

Chassie and suspension parts
Chassie and suspension parts

Inside of radiator painted and some more parts assembled.

Build progressing
Build progressing

The interior was assembled.

Interior assembled
Interior assembled

And seat belts was added.

Seats belts added
Seat belts added

Some more decals added and details painted.

Details painted
Details painted

I cut some plastic and created 2 recievers for the seat belt clips.

Interior finished
Interior finished

Next will be to sort the cooling system and build the rest of the chassie.

Shelby series 1 – update 2

A little black on some parts.

Some parts painted black
Some parts painted black

According to the instructions, some parts are supposed to be painted silver, but after looking at some pics it seems like most of them have a polished steel or chrome look.
So I decided to try my chrome colour in the airbrush for the first time.

Some parts painted with chrome
Some parts painted with chrome

It turned out looking a lot better than I had expected. I need to paint some of them on the other side as well, and I might give the tank a few more layers.
Actually not very much colour used to achieve this look.

More painting! This time aluminum.

Some parts painted aluminum
Some parts painted aluminum
More aluminum
More aluminum

Engine and transmission sits together in one pice, and I just have to work with that.

Engine and suspension parts
Engine and suspension parts

I started assemble the engine parts just to notice that I hadn’t got paint everywhere it was needed, so I had to sort that before I could continue.

Most of the engine assembled
Most of the engine assembled

The oil filter needs a decal that I’ll put the when the gloss blue have cured.

Speaking of decals, the interior have quite a few.

Interior decals added
Interior decals added

Getting the decal on the stick was quite fiddly!

The body frame needed some more paint and I also masked and painted parts of the exhaust system with chrome.

Chrome and aluminum painted
Chrome and aluminum painted

The exhaust system was touched up some and the tape removed.

The painted exhaust system
The painted exhaust system

I decided to add ignition cables so I’ve drilled holes for them, but I need to figure where the other end should go. According to the pics I’ve seen it seems like they go somewhere under the black boxes on the valve covers.

I’ll also continue assembling the chassie once everything else is in place.