According to the instructions, some parts are supposed to be painted silver, but after looking at some pics it seems like most of them have a polished steel or chrome look. So I decided to try my chrome colour in the airbrush for the first time.
It turned out looking a lot better than I had expected. I need to paint some of them on the other side as well, and I might give the tank a few more layers. Actually not very much colour used to achieve this look.
More painting! This time aluminum.
Engine and transmission sits together in one pice, and I just have to work with that.
I started assemble the engine parts just to notice that I hadn’t got paint everywhere it was needed, so I had to sort that before I could continue.
The oil filter needs a decal that I’ll put the when the gloss blue have cured.
Speaking of decals, the interior have quite a few.
Getting the decal on the stick was quite fiddly!
The body frame needed some more paint and I also masked and painted parts of the exhaust system with chrome.
The exhaust system was touched up some and the tape removed.
I decided to add ignition cables so I’ve drilled holes for them, but I need to figure where the other end should go. According to the pics I’ve seen it seems like they go somewhere under the black boxes on the valve covers.
I’ll also continue assembling the chassie once everything else is in place.