According to the instructions, some parts are supposed to be painted silver, but after looking at some pics it seems like most of them have a polished steel or chrome look. So I decided to try my chrome colour in the airbrush for the first time.
It turned out looking a lot better than I had expected. I need to paint some of them on the other side as well, and I might give the tank a few more layers. Actually not very much colour used to achieve this look.
More painting! This time aluminum.
Engine and transmission sits together in one pice, and I just have to work with that.
I started assemble the engine parts just to notice that I hadn’t got paint everywhere it was needed, so I had to sort that before I could continue.
The oil filter needs a decal that I’ll put the when the gloss blue have cured.
Speaking of decals, the interior have quite a few.
Getting the decal on the stick was quite fiddly!
The body frame needed some more paint and I also masked and painted parts of the exhaust system with chrome.
The exhaust system was touched up some and the tape removed.
I decided to add ignition cables so I’ve drilled holes for them, but I need to figure where the other end should go. According to the pics I’ve seen it seems like they go somewhere under the black boxes on the valve covers.
I’ll also continue assembling the chassie once everything else is in place.
I bought this kit some time ago, just because it looked cool and had Shelby in the name. I wasn’t aware that Shelby had constructed a car of his own, but evidently he had. Anyway, I thought it was cool, and put it on my planned build list.
I order to do this kit justice, I decided to have something to practice on, and that’s why I started the BMW 507 Cabrio. That build have partly come to a halt, due to missing pieces. I will still try out the metal paint on the body, and hopefully I’ll manage to get it good enough to try it on this one as well.
As usual it start by preparing parts, and on this I started with both engine and interior parts.
Some parts needed a mix of black and gold.
It’s only about 5% gold, so it’s barely visible except maybe that it has a slightly different hue.
Then it was time for some aluminum.
Then some steel/iron.
On some parts the instructions called for silver, but after looking at the pics on the box, it looked more like chrome or polished metal. So I decided to try my chrome colour in the airbrush for the first time.
It turned out better than I had expected, but I think some parts need another cote to look real good, and also some parts needs to be painted on the other side.
It might not fully look like chrome, but good enough to look like polished metal.
The instrument panel and the panel for the gear shift was masked and painted dark grey.
Seats and side panels was painted.
After some detail painting the interior parts looked like this.
Some decals needs to be added to complete the interior.
I’ve started assembling the engine and painting parts needed for it. Also some other parts will be sorted and painted before assembly. Many parts will be painted in aluminum.