Masking the canopy parts took a while. The frames is barely visible, which I guess is due to part of the frame sits on the inside. Anyway, this made it very hard to follow the frames with a blade when cutting the tape. Instead I had to work with thin stripes and put along the frame lines and then fill upp inside to mask all the small window pieces.
Next I will paint the frame colour and then lay a cote of primer. Mainly to see if there’s any visible seams that needs to be sorted.
Other builds like the Stuka has taken attention away from this kit. I finally got the engine assembled and then mounted in the fuselage.
I then just placed the canopy in place and glued the guns.
My plan is to have the covers removable. Still not sure if I’ll cut away the lids and glue the top part in place, having the lids open.
I have also started planning how to do with the wings. The instructions tells you to glue the bottom wing part first, insert the gears, and then glue the upper wing halves.
I’ve checked an it seems possible to insert the gears afterwards and that way avoid having them in the way. Also I think of glueing the upper wing halves with the lower part before glueing it to the body. I just hope it turns out well and that I can make the wings fit as they should.
The back of the propeller hub is glued with a cap on the inside of the nose, which was a bit fiddly to get in place. Once that was done, it was quite easy to glue the nose in place. Fit is very good so no problems there.
Once that was done I test fitted the wings, which had a very tight fit.
There’s a slight gap on the topside, but a little pressure while glueing will close that gap quite nicely. I might need some putty to close up the last teeny wee bit, but that’s all!
A few bits more and I can soon start thinking of masking glass and laying a cote of primer.
After a quick wash and some dry brushing, I could glue the interior to one of the fuselage halves and then glue the other half. The both halves fit very nicely and I think there will be minimal work on the seam. Letting it dry until tomorrow.
A little bit left to do like putting all the front parts together. Then I can glue the wings. Have to check the fit of the wings later.