Amusing Hobby 1/35- Strv-104 review/unboxing.

After a long wait I finally recieved my pre-ordered kit, and here’s a first view of it.

The kit depicts the Swedish version of the British Centurion tank. Here called Strv-104, which is short for stridsvagn (=tank) 104. It was first bought in 1958 and was then called strv-81. Modifications in steps broght it to strv-104 which in duty to about 2000 when it was scrapped.

Strv-104 boxart
Strv-104 boxart
Opened box
Opened box

Here’s pics of the contents of this kit.

Individual track pieces
Individual track pieces
2 sprues drive sprockets and rear wheels
2 sprues drive sprockets and rear wheels
4 sprues with road wheels and suspension parts
4 sprues with road wheels and suspension parts
Small parts to the turret
Small parts to the turret
Turret parts
Turret parts
Small parts and rear deck
Small parts and rear deck
Armor plates and fenders
Armor plates and fenders
Upper hull and fender parts
Upper hull and fender parts
Gun barrel and small parts
Gun barrel and small parts
Lower hull
Lower hull
Tow cable, etch, decals and suspension springs
Tow cable, etch, decals and suspension springs
Instructions front page
Instructions front page
Instructions page 1-2
Instructions page 1-2
Instructions rear page
Instructions rear page

With individual links and movable suspension, and as far as I can determine very nice details, this looks to be a very nice kit. Looking forward to building it at some time in the future.

Progress with the Lightning, Weekend build meeting, and my new purchases.

Earlier last week I was asked if I wanted to join a weekend gathering were we could sit and build and talk. After not being able to meet like this for quite some time, it was a no brainer, adn with my girlfriends permission, I was ready to go.

I managed to to do a little on the Lightning beflre it was time to pack everything for the little more than 1½ hour trip to the meeting.
I assembled the exhaust pipes, painted the chrome on the rear piece, added decals to the cockpit and started painting the pilot.

Exhaust pipes, pilot and cockpit
Exhaust pipes, pilot and cockpit

The seat was also painted.

Ejection seat painted
Ejection seat painted

I got some wash on the exhaust and intake parts, to enhance them a bit. Not that they are very visible inside, but anyway.

Exhaust and intake
Exhaust and intake

That was how far I got before the meeting. At the meeting I glued the intake to the fuselage and added some weights to that half.

Intake glued and weights added
Intake glued and weights added

For some reason the the pilot didn’t fit, at all, at least not without major surgery, so I decided to skip the pilot. So I added seat belts made of thin stripes of tape.

Seats with belts added
Seat with belts added

Landing gears assembled.

Landing gears assembled
Landing gears assembled

Wings assembled.

Wings assembled
Wings assembled

The cockpit fits nicely on top of the intake. More weights was added and secured with white glue.

Cockpit and weights added
Cockpit and weights added

Missiles and over wing tanks built.

Missiles and tanks
Missiles and tanks

Landing gears painted black.

Landing gears painted black
Landing gears painted black

I decided to switch object and started a new kit, a Swedish personal carrier, BV206S.

Boxart
Boxart

I forgot to take pics, but after some time I had gotten this far.

Wheels and chassies assembly
Wheels and chassies assembly

Talking about forgetting to take pics, which is easy to do when building and making conversations with my fellow model builder friends. So all of a sudden, I had gotten this far with the lightning.

The lightning assembled
The lightning assembled

After some more time I hade masked the canopy parts, painted the inside, glued them to the fuselage, and assembled a lot of small parts on the body.

At the end of the weekend
At the end of the weekend

One of the kits I picked up from a visiting vendor, was this M3A1 Scout car in russian service.

Boxart
Boxart

Same problem here, I forgot to take pics during a large part of the build process.

Frame and upper hull almost done
Frame and upper hull almost done

Another find was this lamborghini kit.

Boxart
Boxart

And this one.

Boxart
Boxart

On a table was a few kits that caught my attention, and especially one of the kits, I wasn’t sure who had brought them to the meeting, but when I asked it turned out they were for sale, so I snatched this beauty.

Boxart
Boxart

And it came with this book.

Book cover
Book cover

I came home sunday afternoon, and before putting all model stuff in place I cleaned up my workspace! Much needed, and now I only need a new cutting mat.

My workbench
My workbench

It was a great weekend, even if my girlfriend complained about spending too much money.