Adeptus Titanicus – part 4

Two of the leg plates got red stripes.

Red stripes painted
Red stripes painted

Here’s a pic of most of the plates after painting two layers.

Painted armour plates
Painted armour plates

The plates for the plasma guns was glued in place.

Armour plates glued
Armour plates glued

Then it was time for some gold paint.

Gold trim painted on some plates
Gold trim painted on some plates

Painting the gold trim took quite some time, but now most of them are done.
I thought making the upper body movable would be a fun thing, and after getting a few small magnets, I drilled out holes that snuggly fit the magnets and glued them there.

Magnets installed
Magnets installed

It actually worked like a charm and there’s no problem lifting the whole Titan in the upper body.

With that done and the trim finally painted, it was time to put on some armour.

Leg plates done
Leg plates done
Backside
Backside

I also started painting parts of the body armour.

Body armour plates
Body armour plates

Left to do is to decide what to write on the banners, and how the eagles should look.
I’m thinking of painting the rim of the shield and cogs in gold, and painting the wings in black.

Adeptus Titanicus – Warmaster Heavy Battle Titan

I always thought the Warhammer 40k titans looked cool, so I bought one recently just to see how it is to build and paint. It’s a bit of a challenge as I never built or painted a model like this.

Adeptus Titanicus box
Adeptus Titanicus box
Contents
Contents

In the box there’s 4 set of sprues, instructions, decals and a set of cards and rules for this unit in the Adeptus Titanicus game.

Assembly starts with the hip or pelvis.

Pelvis
Pelvis assembled

Next is the upper legs.

Upper legs
Upper legs

First leg and complete (almost) foot.

Leg and foot
Leg and foot

First complete leg

First leg done
First leg done

Without knowing I had done my first mistake, but first a pic of both legs done.

Both legs done
Both legs done

Looking good, isn’t it? It wasn’t until I’ve glued both legs to the pelvis, that I noticed that the feet leaned outwards instead of standing flat on the ground.
So I started to break the feet away with the help of Tamiya thin and some tools. One leg that I had glued that day was fairly easy to remove, but the other one was assembled the day before, and actually ended up breaking at the fot joint.

After cleaning things up, I glued the right foot in the right place. And while that was drying I started with the torso.

Torso started
Torso started

This is how it looked like after the legs had dried and was glued to the pelvis again, and next to it the torso taking shape.

Leg assembly and torso
Leg assembly and torso

Adding more parts to the upper body.

Some more stuff added
Some more stuff added

Then there was a bit of weapons to choose from. I also had a bit of problem assembling the movable gun attachment point.

Multiple gun choices
Multiple gun choices

There are also three different head to choose from.

Three heads
Three heads

I haven’t choosen head or weapons yet, but it’s leaning towards the guns I’ve inserted and the left head.

A few more parts to assemble before I need to start painting, including all the armour plates, that will go on last.