Citroën traction 11CV w/7 Luftwaffe crew figures – Tamiya 1/48

I talked with a friend of mine and he showed me the dio he was working on, and in it there was this Citroën, that I thought looked quite nice. I checked the hobby shop and found this set with car and crew. I thought it could fit well in a dio with a plane.

I started building it on the build weekend the other week. Except for some glimpses in other pics I seem to have forgotten to take proper pics.
So I took a pic of what I had done so far.

I had problems painting with the clear cote at the meeting and it didn’t turn out as I had hoped.
I layed another cote today that is just slightly better.

Hopefully I can polish away some of the blemishes once the paint have cured properly.

Meanwhile I’ll start painting the figures.

My intention is to create a dio with the Fw190 I’m building.

Fw190A-3 – update 3

The parts inside the canopy was assembled.

Tires, gears and some other small parts was painted.

The propeller was masked and painted aluminium.

Then the propeller and hub was assembled.

I made the shoulder belts and glued and painted the sight glass.

Next will be to sort some of the seams, glue the front window and the canopy.
Hopefully I can start priming and painting soon.

Fw190A-3 – update 2

I masked and painted the inside of the canopy and a few other parts.

I think the canopy turned out quite nice.

I made some seat belts from masking tape and painted them.

I’ll do the shoulder belts once the cockpit is in place and I have checked where they’re fastened.
With the cockpit and wheel wells done it was quite easy to assemble the plane.

Fairly easy and quick build so far! I have seams to check and a few more parts to paint and then I can start painting the plane.

Fw190A-3 – Tamiya 1/48

When I got home last sunday the internet was down, which was annoying as it lasted for three days.
One way to pass time is of course to build models and with nothing to do on my computer I could spend more time building models.

As I’m thinking of doing a small dio with the Citroen and figures I bought a while ago, I started building this plane to be part of the dio.

It’s a nice little kit and I got quite far before even taking any pics.

As the cockpit is inserted from the underside, I could glue the fuselage.
The inside of the fuselage, wheel wells, cockpit and landing gear is painted and only need some detailing.

P-51D Mustang – part 5

After sorting the little misshap it was time to mask and paint some areas with another metal tone.

The tape removed!

After some more masking and painting black and red was added selected areas.

As can be seen I’ve sanded a bit on the spine, and also on the underside. After some re-paint it looked like this!

It’s easy to get wear on the already painted areas. I’ll sort a few more and then it’s time to sort the camo.

P-51D Mustang – part 4

I’ve started painting the wings and other areas that should have painted aluminium colour.

I must accidently have touched something when handling the plane. Trying to sort it with the paint still wet perhaps wasn’t the best idea.

I have do redo that later and once dry I can start masking for the other metal colour.

Sd.kfz 222 – part 3

Time to get some paint on.

I’ll check so I haven’t missed any spots. If not, then it’s time for decals.

I also need to get the covers done and the commander painted.

Sd.kfz 222 – part 2

I added parts to the fenders and prepared a few other parts.

Some time later almost all parts was glued in place.

Soon time to get some paint on and also assemble the commander and paint him.

Sd.kfz 222 Leichter panzerspähwagen – Tamiya 1/35

I bought this kit in one of those nostalgic impulses I get when I see kits that I’ve built when I was young. As I’m participating in a WW2 group build and my Mustang just had got some putty on that needed to dry before I can sand it properly, I decided to have a go at this kit.

This is an older kit without PE that comes with the newer ones.

The build starts with the lower hull, and it didn’t take long before I had to use putty on this one as well.

So I just had to let that dry for a while.
Once dry I could continue the build. I mounted the frame and drive line parts, and prepared the wheels for assembly.

Then a while later the wheels was assembled.

I then started gluing parts to the upper hull and preparing parts to the gun.

Then the gun parts got some paint as I need the gun to be painted before proceeding.

Next will be assembly of the gun and getting it in place so the hull parts can be glued together.

P-51D Mustang – part 3

I glued the canopy glass to the frame and painted the front rim black.

Then a few parts got interior colour painted.

The pilot was touched up and glued in place, as well as the sight glass (again).

The canopy was masked and glued in place.

There’s a small gap between the canopy and the front glass. Partly caused by me as I wanted the glass to fit flush with the rear slope on the frame.
I’ll sort the gap with plastic stripes.

Next up is primer.